The Sights of Negril, Jamaica.
Negril Lighthouse has become a ‘must see’ on any tourist attraction list for visitors to Villas Sur Mer as it is as bold as it is beautiful and if you have your camera you will get yourself some wonderful photographs of the lighthouse and the Caribbean sea. Please send me some if you do.
Negril Lighthouse was built in 1894 1.5 miles (2.4 km) south South East of the westernmost tip of the island of Jamaica by the French company Bubbler & Bernard.
It is one of the earliest concrete lighthouses. If you check out the map of Jamaica you can see why it was sited where it is, the ideal spot for any lighthouse and ‘I should know, I’ve followed a few of them!’ (ahem!
Thanks to the life of Brian for that little line and thanks to Wikipedia for the rest!)
Let us not just take my word for how wonderful this lighthouse is, there are plenty of rave reviews on the travel site Trip Advisor, you will get first hand accounts of people who have been there, been up it, down it around it and in it and 95% LOVED IT! (I suppose the other 5% were too gobsmacked to write anything at all, it really is that wonderful a lighthouse!)